PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

It's Circus Time!

Welcome to the greatest show on earth!
We have been learning about circus animals in kindergarten!  We wrapped it up with our famous kindergarten circus!  Here is our adventure in pictures!
We learned about giraffes and zebras and then compared the two.
Idea from Deanna Jump's Zoo Animal unit!

We read great non-fiction books about each animal and then made them!

They especially loved learning and making their monkeys!  I wonder why?

I made a giant ringmaster on our door to graph our favorite circus act!

Our display outside our room!  Under the big top!

We tasted real peanuts in the shell and graphed if we liked elephant food!
They mostly loved them!  They rocked my socks off with all that they came up when analyzing our data!  What smarties!!!!  I did not prompt ANY of these answers!  WOW!

We made circus tents and drew what we would be in the circus and then wrote about what we would be doing!

Our super cute clowns!  They loved designing their own faces!

Our word wall on our bathroom door!

Our lions can, have, are chart!

These are the super great non-fiction books I bought for this unit!  We read elephants, monkeys, giraffes, and other great books for lions, and alligators!
The lion, elephant, and bears!

The jumping dogs!

The jugglers, strongman, and clown!

May all your days be circus days!!!!!


The seals!  I did not get a picture of my darling acrobats and tightrope walkers! One of my sweet moms came up and did all of their hair!!!  They were still getting dolled up!  :( Boo!

 Needless to say....we had a ball learning about the circus!!!!!

I will leave you with a picture of our class on our Easter egg hunt!!!!! (since I never got that on here!)






Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Love these ideas!!! We recently wrapped up our circus theme too!

    I'm your newest follower :)
    Color Me Kinder

    ReplyDelete